The X Factor: The Band – WhatsApp
The X Factor: The Band – WhatsApp Application Video T&Cs
- These terms and conditions relate to your WhatsApp video application including without limitationany and all comments, images, audio-visual content and/or any other materials submitted in and in connection with such application (the “WhatsApp Application”) to participate in a talent search competition being filmed for a series of television programmes provisionally entitled “The X Factor” (the “Programme”) which FremantleMedia Limited trading as Thames and Simco Limited (together, the “Producer”,“us”, “we”) propose but do not undertake to produce for ITV. For the avoidance of doubt, The X Factor: The Band Application Terms and Conditions at [etribez application T&Cs link],shall also apply. The information given by you in your application may be used in the Programme should you be selected to audition.
- How We Use Your Data
- Boththe Producer and ITV take your privacy very seriously. By submitting your Whatsapp Application, you are indicating that you understand, acknowledge and (where relevant) consent to the Producer collecting and using your personal information in the ways explained to you in FremantleMedia Limited’s Privacy Notice for Programme Applicants, a copy of which is available here: http://fremantlemediauk.com/privacy-notice-applicant.pdfor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any questions regarding our use of your personal information or if you would like to update your information because your details have changed, please send an e-mail to email@example.com for the attention of the Privacy Officer, or contact the Privacy Officer by post at FremantleMedia Limited, 1 Stephen Street, London W1T 1AL.
- Your WhatsApp Application must be submitted to the designated Producer phone number 07733 222927 together with any other required details. You must submit your WhatsApp Application before 23:59 GMT on 22 November 2019 or at such other date and time as the Producer may elect.
- Your WhatsApp Application should be no longer than 5 minutes.
- Your WhatsApp Application must have been recorded within the last 12 months, and must not be edited, distorted or enhanced in any way.
- Please ensure that you are the only person featured in your WhatsApp Application or, for group applications, that only members of the group as named in your WhatsApp Application are featured, and that you have the consent of all group members to submit the WhatsApp Application and for us to use the WhatsApp Application. You acknowledge that the contents of your WhatsApp Application will not be considered confidential.
- If you are under 18 years of age please get the consent of your parent or legal guardian before submitting your WhatsApp Application. If you are submitting a group WhatsApp Application featuring anybody under the age of 18 please ensure you have the consent of their parent or legal guardian before submitting the WhatsApp Application.
- Your WhatsApp Application must not contain any material which is in any way defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, offensive or inappropriate or which infringes the rights of any third party. You also agree not to advertise or promote third parties’ or your own goods or services in your WhatsApp Application.
- You agree not to endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks in order to produce or make a WhatsApp Application.
- By submitting your WhatsApp Application you hereby grant us an exclusive, irrevocable, licence to use, edit, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, make available and display your WhatsApp Application (or part of your WhatsApp Application) (including but not limited to your performance) without charge by any medium or method now known or later invented including without limitation online or on television to be exercised in our sole discretion throughout the world in perpetuity. As this licence is exclusive, you are agreeing that only we may use your WhatsApp Application so please don’t upload it anywhere else. You agree that we may permit other parties authorised by us including without limitation ITV group companies a licence of your WhatsApp Application for their use. You agree to waive and that the director of your WhatsApp Application has waived any moral rights that may exist in relation to your WhatsApp Application.
- You are responsible for the content of your WhatsApp Application. You promise that you are fully authorised and entitled to submit the WhatsApp Application in accordance with these terms and conditions, and that doing so you will not infringe the copyright or other rights of any third party, or infringe any applicable laws or regulations. You promise that you have all necessary licences, rights, permissions and consents to enable you to submit the WhatsApp Application and to authorise us to use the WhatsApp Application. You agree to give us evidence of such licences, rights, consents, and permissions if requested by us. You also agree not to transfer files which contain viruses or other harmful programs.
- By submitting your WhatsApp Application you are signifying your agreement to these terms and conditions, including without limitation The X Factor: The Band Application Terms and Conditions at[etribez application T&Cs link],and consenting to your WhatsApp Application being used for the purposes related to The X Factor. If you do not accept any of these terms and conditions do not submit your WhatsApp Application. We reserve the right to disregard any WhatsApp Application which in our opinion fails to meet the applicable terms and conditions.
- We may accept or reject your WhatsApp Application in our sole discretion. Nothing in these terms guarantees that we will use or display your WhatsApp Application.
- References to “we”, “us” and “our” are to FremantleMedia Limited trading as Thames, 1 Stephen Street, London W1T 1AL.